Click Here!

I'm trying to break up with my girlfriend...

DarkInuLord

But she's making it really hard...

She keeps having "bad days" and she's "Depressed" because something happens... How the hell am I supposed to break up with someone when they're being like that?

There's a girl I like but I can't tell her until I break up with my girlfriend... I've been trying to for the last month, but every time I try something makes me stop... Grr... Like one of her pets dies, or she gets sick...

THIS IS SO DIFFICULT.

... Kay, I just had to rant a little. :P

I know it might seem bad, that I want to break up with her for another girl... But it's not so bad when you read a couple of my previous rants about my girlfriend...

... Kay, I just had to rant a little. :jaws:

I know it might seem bad, that I want to break up with her for another girl...

<_< Well, my current husband's ex ended up living with a co-worker less than a month after they split. Hmmmm, coincidence - I think not... Just remember, the grass might not be greener on the other side of the fence..... I didn't split with my ex because of another - frankly, he was just a psychotic dickwad. Makes your chic's behavior seem mild. But I had quite a fun time 'testing the ocean' during the year of 'singlehood' before I met my current. And they say being a single mom turns men off - NOPE!!!!

But it's not so bad when you read a couple of my previous rants about my girlfriend...

The long and short answer to your dilemma is just to break up with her and be done with it.

Let's face it, when it comes to breaking up with someone it's never a good time for anyone in the relationship. You say that you've been trying for the past month only for things to get in the way, my advice to you is to just do it.

I had a similar problem with an now ex-boyfriend of mine a few months ago. Every time that I thought it would be a good time to end it, he would get depresssed or would have a bad day. This trend continued on for three months straight until I just ended it and let me tell you I am much happier now as a result.

Being with someone who is always down or is always having a 'bad day' is a seriously draining experience, physically and emotionally.

Perhaps...and this is just a thought, perhaps she's behaving in this manner (prior to the death of her pet, because that can bring you down for quite a while) because she's got an inkling that you may want to cut the strings. I've seen it and experienced this behavior first hand.

To be honest, you sound like you're pretty much done with the relationship, so you shouldn't feel bad about wanting to be with someone else.

All you need to do is break it off with your current girlfriend so that the both of you can move on with your lives.

The sooner the better for everyone involved.

But she's making it really hard...

She keeps having "bad days" and she's "Depressed" because something happens... How the hell am I supposed to break up with someone when they're being like that?

There's a girl I like but I can't tell her until I break up with my girlfriend... I've been trying to for the last month, but every time I try something makes me stop... Grr... Like one of her pets dies, or she gets sick...

THIS IS SO DIFFICULT.

... Kay, I just had to rant a little. :samurai:

I know it might seem bad, that I want to break up with her for another girl... But it's not so bad when you read a couple of my previous rants about my girlfriend...

I've never broken up with anybody before,so it's hard... They always dump me.

I'd also never asked anybody out until yesterday. They normally ask me out...

:3 Asked the girl I like if she'd go out with me and she politely declined for now but says she likes me too and maybe in the near future we can go out. :samurai: Actually it's because we haven't met in real life, and she wants to before we decide anything.

:samurai: Actually it's because we haven't met in real life, and she wants to before we decide anything.

***Ok, this girl's got a brain at least! But take it from me (I met hubby #1 through personals) Make sure to meet at a very public place. Like a mall, movie theatre.. Maybe even a convention that both of you are into. (BotCom, Trekkie, etc, etc..) Don't move 'relationship' too fast either... It's fun to test the waters. And the more you try out, the better your decision will be when you think it's 'ring time'!

***Ok, this girl's got a brain at least! But take it from me (I met hubby #1 through personals) Make sure to meet at a very public place. Like a mall, movie theatre.. Maybe even a convention that both of you are into. (BotCom, Trekkie, etc, etc..) Don't move 'relationship' too fast either... It's fun to test the waters. And the more you try out, the better your decision will be when you think it's 'ring time'!

Well yeah... I might end up visiting her in Montreal instead of her coming here... Because this is a small town and there's really not much around here.

It'll be expensive though, upwards of $700-$800 for one trip. Including passport cost.

Broke up with my girlfriend yesterday, she was okay with it, don't know why I was so nervous...

Broke up with my girlfriend yesterday, she was okay with it, don't know why I was so nervous...

Was that the same girlfriend you wrote so much about? The one that left you for days at a time without as much as a phone call or an e-mail? The same one who didn't tell her friends you were her boyfriend just because "she was embarrassed"? The very same one that hung out with other guys while she was with you?

Congratulations man, I'm glad you finally did it, though it took you a while. Good luck with this Montreal girl, and don't let people step over you again.