Click Here!

Added through 11/19/08

Catagory name :The Cleaner

Section catagory to be in: Television

Do you have any stories for it?: Yes

Sorry to be such a pain BUT I am really excited to get this story posted somewhere... !!! :no: See the crazy eyes ... they are from writing all night three days in a row !!! :lol:

^____added

THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! :D

Edited by LearyGirl

• 1 month later...

Catagory name: Fairy Tales (general - Little Red Riding Hood, Snow Queen, etc.)

Section catagory to be in: Books

Do you have any stories for it?: Yes, 1.

Catagory name: Claymore

Section catagory to be in: Anime > . to F

Do you have any stories for it?: yes, 1.

Edited by branewurms

The Brothers Grimm's version of Little Red Riding Hood isn't as good as Charles Perrault's (IMHO), which predates theirs, and his was simply a written version of an oral tradition. All the Grimm lads did mostly was collect and record/edit existing stories I believe, as opposed to Hans Christian Andersen who wrote his own (including The Snow Queen).

I don't mean to be a pedant (especially as I am going off the top of my head from memory without checking name spellings, facts and such) but I would say a lot of the time kids hear fairy tales these days, unless from an early edition, they're probably somewhat different from what was collected then by either Perrault or Grimm x 2, what with happy endings, Goldilocks' ipod and so on, so making them all go under Brothers Grimm might be mis-leading. I heard most of them orally meself, with lashings of violence. Thanks Mum.

><

Edit - There are a fair few fairy tales based stories under Originals which would presumably need moving to any new section, probably under a theory of them being archtypical stock characters or something.

Edit 2 - Although, of course, another popular way for kids today to hear some of them is Disney movies. There weren't no talking clock in the original Beuaty and the Beast, I reckon.

I could potentially make a fairy tales sub category, and then under IT, I could put things like Brothers Grimm, Hans Christian Anderson, and etc. That would make more sense I think in the long term, with the ability for unlimited sub levelling I will have.

maybe Fairy Tales should be Brothers Grimm? Since those are the stories mentioned, I'm thinking.

Snow Queen is Hans Christian Andersen.

I could potentially make a fairy tales sub category, and then under IT, I could put things like Brothers Grimm, Hans Christian Anderson, and etc. That would make more sense I think in the long term, with the ability for unlimited sub levelling I will have.

That sounds like a good idea to me! :)

• 1 month later...

Okay, what I'm going to do about the fairy tales is the following....

Create a top level in books called "Fairy Tales, Legends, and Folklore"

As second levels, I will have Fairy Tales, then Legends, then Folklore

third level will be the specific sub categories, i.e. Little Red Riding Hood, The Little Mermaid, and etc.

I really, really will be very happy when we are no longer limited to 3 levels ONLY of categories. It really cramps what can be done, especially in the multiple fandom sub domains.

Catagory name: Fairy Tales (general - Little Red Riding Hood, Snow Queen, etc.)

Section catagory to be in: Books

Do you have any stories for it?: Yes, 1.

Catagory name: Claymore

Section catagory to be in: Anime > . to F

Do you have any stories for it?: yes, 1.

Fairy Tales top level

If you have a specific fairy tale or whatever in mind, with a story for it, let me know. In any case, the 2nd level categories (Fairy Tales, Folklore, etc) are still posting categories.

Can't believe I missed the second request....Claymore added