Click Here!

Double Edged Sword

faithwood

The story posted here: Double Edged Sword is a copy&paste of Romaine24's story originaly posted here: Double Edged Sword.

The strange thing is the plagiarist called herself Romaine and stole not only her story but her identity. Why? I don't know. For extra creepiness? I assure you this is not the real Romaine. I believe she has already sent an email to the abuse team, but I wanted to report it here just in case.

The story posted here: Double Edged Sword is a copy&paste of Romaine24's story originaly posted here: Double Edged Sword.

The strange thing is the plagiarist called herself Romaine and stole not only her story but her identity. Why? I don't know. For extra creepiness? I assure you this is not the real Romaine. I believe she has already sent an email to the abuse team, but I wanted to report it here just in case.

Damn! I've seen it posted and thought: "Oh, finally this fic made it to AFF." It's a good story. Didn't review it only because I have read it on the other sites already.

If real Romaine :P did not post this fic here, then the poster in question is not only a plagiarist but also an impersonator. This is a double edged offense. This deserves Hall of Shame of its own, hehe!

The very first HoS entry was for a similar incident. I have much to do before I have to flatside it and go back to work, but this will be handled.

DemonGoddess061, I appreciate the attention you are giving this. Thanks so much. And thank you, faithwood, for reporting it here.

-romaine24

-romaine

I am romaine24 (romaine) and I approve of this message *snicker*

Okay, did the first step in dealing with this ...cretin. The fake Romaine has been deleted. I find it interesting that the ONLY activity I could find from this user in the archive anywhere was that he/she simply created a login to upload a story not their own. No reviews of other stories, nothing else.

In any case, the offending story and user have been removed, and I have some other things I have to do, and then it's Hall of Shame time for this one.

Of course, I'd LOVE to see the real author post her story here as well. :)

I was pondering about the reasons behind this impersonation. I mean, why pretend to be someone else, especially someone else who is so well known and admired? Didn't they think that the truth would come out - fast? I mean, this couldn't last, right? And then it dawned on me that, perhaps, this person could possibly be a bit obssessed either with Romaine or the notion of fandom success. Because not too many authors get such overwelming positive response to their stories as DES has. So, here it was, a chance to become Romaine, if only for a few days. This may be a reason why this site was chosen, even though the impostor is not a regular user: the site has high traffic which would guarantee fast reviews for a fake account. They became Romaine and received genuine positive reviews. So, in a creepy sort of way, this was worth it to them.

This is so sad.

*waves to real Romaine* Congratulations, you've been impersonated. It's you and royalty, heh!