Click Here!

Guilty Or Not Guilty

Not guilty, though I've heard they can be tasty if you cook them right.

Ever had a dog walk you, instead of you walking the dog?

(My first blue heeler was a real pain in this regard, but then he usually didn't even wear a collar, much less a leash, so I figure it wasn't his fault.)

Not guilty.

Ever found a game that you could no amount of money could make you give up playing?

For me, this is Final Fantasy VII...at least, it was the first one I discovered that I can't give up. There's not enough money in the world to make me give it up. This...is kind of sad, considering. But it just goes to show: I love plot, especially good plot, and witty characters.

• 3 weeks later...

Guilty, and not? When I am into a game that's how I feel about it, however I tend to sway between obsessions pretty easy.

Have you ever stayed awake for more than 30 hours just to see what would happen?

Hm...I could be guilty, but there again, I don't think I've ever stayed up just to see what would happen. I know that if I'm the only person awake, I can't sleep until everything that should be turned off is. And sometimes I get insomnia and stay up for at least 36 hours, often several times in a row. (Not to mention that if I'm really into something, I'll ignore my sleepiness until I hit that plateau and am suddenly wide awake again.)

Have you ever discussed bodily functions during a holiday meal with family?

My grandmother started this family habit, but she's worse than the rest of us. If someone gets up to use the restroom during the meal, when they return she'll ask if they went #1 or #2 and if it was good, bad, how big, etc. For a long time this made my step sisters nauseous, but I guess I must've been used to it because I don't remember ever turning a hair. (There again, my mom tells me that when I was little, she was shopping with me and I went down a different aisle, then came back calling out, "Mommy, I farted!"--so maybe I'm the one who started the tradition. :unsure::blush: She says there was an old couple in the aisle then that sniffed and looked down their noses at her for my behavior, but everyone else in the aisle was laughing.)

I'm sure I'm guilty of that.

Most of my family dinners are with my 2 sisters, we're all single, so we talk about everything.

I think that all kids tell their parents when they fart because parents are always asking, just like your grandmother, about the child's bathroom occurrences. Heck, my son's 12 now, and just the other day, we were on the bus and he leans into my ear, "I farted!" and I just blinked and sniffed. It couldn't have been bad cuz I couldn't smell it over the other obnoxious smells one gets with 20 other people on a public bus.

Have you ever picked a scab on your face while you were talking to a coworker, and have it bleed all over your finger? *oh, the shame of it all*

Guilty, but to be fair the darn thing was really itchy and I had no idea it was a scab until it started bleeding.

Have you ever snorted pixi sticks?

awful little game we used to play in high school. That shit burns.

Guilty. And yes, it does. Ow....

Ever had a pet that was not merely a family pet but a part of the family itself?

My first dog, Buddy, was like that. He was a blue heeler--and unlike a number of blue heelers I've known/heard about, he could be trusted with any kid whatsoever. We took him to job sites with us (my dad and grandpa did concrete and construction) and he met all sorts of new kids, no problem--probably because he grew up with a number of kids, between my family and our friends. But he was also a member of the family because, in addition to going everywhere with us, he also at one point saved my grandpa's life, which rather cemented his position as a family member, not just a pet. Of course, Buddy also had this odd trait: he'd let kids hang all over him, tug his ears, his lips...hell, we fell on him sometimes too! And the worst he would do was growl and walk away, which, for a dog in particular, is a nice way of saying, "Okay, that's enough." That dog never even threatened to bite kids. (Though he bit my dad once, during hunting season, for not feeding him. That was funny. Buddy waited just long enough to be sure my dad wasn't going to get the dog food out for him, and then he walked up--not stiff at all, his ruff wasn't even raised--and just...bit his arm through the jacket. "Look, you're supposed to feed me and you already forgot once today. You won't get away with that again." He only let go because my grandma gave me some of the elk steak she was cooking to give to him.)

Guilty, and proud to be. Pets, whether they are dogs, cats, iguanas, are living creatures. For me taking another living creature into my house and my family means they are family, end of story.

Have you ever met someone famous but didn't know it until after?

Not guilty...I think. The only person I know has earned quite a name for his-/herself, and whom I have met, is Patricia Briggs. I was introduced by my...it would be great uncle, right? Grandma's brother...because he's a friend of hers and in her writer's circle, if I remember right. Or at least he was, before she moved to Montana. (Patricia Briggs, for those who don't know, is an author. She has two ongoing works, her Mercy Thompson series and Alpha And Omega. I don't know if she's going to continue any of her other works, but as it stands the rest appear to be finished--and she told me, when I met her, that she preferred to keep her stories short, a mere two or three books.)

Have you ever reread complicated, involved books just to find out if there were any implications (foreshadowing, in other words) that you missed the first time around?

I have done this, though not often. Mostly, when I'm rereading a story, it's because I enjoyed it or I want that specific kind of humor or darkness.

Guilty. Without a doubt. I found the first three books of the Clan of the Cavebear series incredibly fascinating to read through the second time because of that.

Have you ever accidentally bit your tongue so hard you needed stitches?

Not guilty. Though I had a classmate who was snowboarding and nearly bit his tongue in two. He was one of my cousin's friends.

Have you ever had a slip of the tongue that you just can't live down?

For my aunt, this is her "blonde moment" (though she's a brunette) where she called cattle guards "cattle cards." For me...well, to be quite frank, usually my slips of the tongue turn into running jokes or nicknames, or just random words that everyone has fun saying, so I don't think of it as being unable to live it down. (My own slips of the tongue, at least. I still can't live down some of my bf's....)

• 8 months later...

Guilty, although it wasn't really a slip of the tongue. It was me whining at my ex, saying "but...but..." ...so he gave me the nickname Butt Butt. .///.;

Ever loose your glasses only to find them on your face? Or loose your cell phone only to find it in your hand or pocket? XD

Not guilty. Do you have ANY idea how much my mother snooped while I was on the computer? =_= She would literally take the mouse from me and check each tab just to make sure I wasn't looking at nothing. I couldn't even read fanfictions.

Ever fall asleep while watching a movie on TV and found out later that was one of the rare times it ever showed?

Guilty. I'll admit it, I wish I could bend in the way some of my characters can.

Ever lost something and find it in the very spot it's supposed to be in despite you not normally putting it there?

Guilty! i do that all the time at home when i am up in my room! lol

ever wish you could own a bookstore and be the only one reading the books inside?

Guilty big time. I would love to be locked in a library as a home with multiple computers for different things, my hubby and a house attached XD

Ever tried to see just how long you can stay up?