Click Here!

R.I.P. Ms Figg

DemonGoddess

Guest Lady Miya

I'm really sorry to hear :( Hers were some of the fanfictions that got me hooked into Snape/Hermione in the first place. My condolences to everyone who was close to her and miss her.

I'll admit, I haven't read Ms_Figg's stories, nor did I know her. But it is sad to lose one of our own.

Rest in peace, Ms_Figg.

I was thinking the same. We all sit here and well, at least I do and take for granted that we're all human. So it saddens me when something like this happens. It puts it in perspective that there's an actual person on the other end. May she know eternal peace and condolences sent to her loved ones.

My favorite of hers: http://hp.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600006978- interesting take on Dementors.

Ms_Figg was a large part of the inspiration for me to come out of the anon shadows and into a more active part of fanfiction. Her joy, sense of humor and ability to spin a tale are compelling. Her strength in adversity, IRL, was beyond compare.

Guest KitKat71483

She was a great inspiration and a great fanfiction writer. I hope her struggles and her work can continue to inspire those that read them. She gave me the comfort I needed not to be ashamed of enjoying fanfiction and my chosen pairings when I needed it. She will be sorely missed, but very well remembered. Best wishes and encouragement out to her family and friends.

I remember reading her works years ago and enjoying them to the same extent I enjoyed the original books. I think my favourite was the one where Hermione found out Snape kind of stole a daughter from her and was raising her on his own. It was my first major exposer to fan fiction and to erotic literature in general and an integral piece of how I got into writing. I can only hope that through her works she continues to inspire others as I had been those years ago and offer condolences to her family and friends.

Guest trashyreader

I will miss her humor and the underlying message in her work that we ought not live with unfulfilled dreams. Yuleride is my favorite story because Severus' leads Hermione to understand that if someone wants you to give up what makes you happy, that person is not the one for you.

Guest angeldust

It is always sad to lose someone but especially a talented writer. Death is hunting us all but it's the memories that we leave behind that conquers it for us.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.