Click Here!

Description Update Issue

KassX

Hi everybody, I hope this is in the right place.

Anyway, I've been using the archive for some time now and am reasonably acquainted with it. However, recently I've noticed that the age rating of my story seems to display incorrectly. It should be [Adult++] but displays as [Adult]. When I try to change it in the author panel, it clearly tells me the rating is, in fact, A++ but that's not what shows up in the listings.

Also, when I test-edited the summary, I found I could not exceed the number of characters that had already been present even when well under the character limit (I checked). This will be an issue when I want to add a 'complete' tag, for example.

I don't think my story is A rated and I don't want to mislead anyone (I've been so careful with tags...) so I'd be grateful if one of the mods can look into it (or maybe there's an issue on my side?) Whatever the case, some clarification would be appreciated.

This is a link to my story:

http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600106654

Thanks in advance,

Kass

I can assure you that it is listed in the Archive as Adult++. Not sure why you are seeing something else. As far as the description, the tags count as part of the description. So, if you need more room, you can state something like, "Please see first chapter for complete warnings," then list them all there.

Really? Now that's odd. I'm still seeing the same thing; here's the screenie to prove it with the story listed below it for comparison:

post-25767-0-71117600-1391658484_thumb.png

As for the description, you're right. I realized my program was checking characters without spaces *facepalm*

Anyway, it must be a local problem then? I use Chrome which, I thought, plays nice with AFF. No problem then; I understand the site is undergoing a lot of change right now.

Thanks!

That's pretty strange... I swear I'm not hallucinating and I have the photographic evidence XD Maybe it'll go away on its own :P

Anyway, thanks for checking up on it for this paranoid writer: as always, super speedy tech support from the mods of AFF :)

I see. I tried that, like you said and uh,

post-25767-0-77432900-1391684732_thumb.png

Sorry, still no dice... Besides, I changed the rating quite a long time ago and it used to display just fine :)

Edited by KassX

I'm actually having the same issue. My story is labeled correctly in Control Panel, but I'm seeing it display with a different rating. This is in Chrome, and for a new upload:

Indigo

Listing:

BW_1.jpg

Control Panel:

BW_2.png

My consolation is that this particular story isn't terribly graphic, and while I do describe sex, it's more innuendo than anything else.

There are a few I've written that would NOT be considered SFW at all.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.