Click Here!

Rich Text Editor added

DemonGoddess

First of all, BIG thank you to manta2g! She offered to get this done for me, so we all wouldn't have to WAIT the rest of my natural life for me to find time. :D

Now, when a user wants to add a word file, there is a function, where you insert from a word doc, in the rte menu.

When you just want to use the text area, you can now format with a WYSIWYG editor.

The edit chapter part of this is still being worked out, and something for the Non English archive that will be added in the VERY near future, is multiple language support.

Finally, users no longer have the ability to upload files.

The edit chapter is now with the new editor, though fair warning some older chapters that did not use HTML formatting will show up unformatted in the new editor but display fine in regular archive for reading. Since the new editor is fully integrated and manual entering of HTML code is turned off, there are expanded formatting functions available for all members. I hope everyone enjoys this update for the archives, it's in our hope it will make peoples lives easier.

Just a note to anyone who might be upset that uploading is turned off, just copy and past into the editor, really it's not that hard and it's cleaner, especially from word documents.

• 2 weeks later...

First, thanks for this new feature. No more adding codes for italics, etc. to my docs. YAY! :bounce:

Second, ever since this new feature got installed, I keep getting pop up windows from Windows Internet Explorer stating I should close the window and stop the script (not sure it's the correct translation here), because it will slow down my connection, blah blah blah. It's really annoying, because it doesn't just happen once, it starts as soon as you copied text into the box and keeps popping up. Editing something is a bitch now.

I just realise I could try using Chrome; maybe it doesn't happen there? *hits head on desk for not thinking about this sooner*

Anyway, still thought I let you know.

Third, if you want to edit something in the older chapters now, do you need to add enters everywhere or will it still display normally after you changed a word or two? Yeah, I am a chickenshit. Didn't dare to try it out in case I had to. XD

Fourth, loving the not having to add codes to my docs. Yes, I recall mentioning it before, I am not that old. I just love it that much. ;)

Manga2g: way to go! :thumbsup::kiss::hug::cheers::worship: :clap: :2tubs:

• 3 months later...

I have to say I hate losing the ability to upload. I use a plain editor and then automatically generate the html code. I'm trying to add a new story, but copy and paste isn't working - it hangs in the paste dialog. Perhaps it can't handle a 75K paste. Who knows? I'll keep trying after lunch. But even if I get it working, it's just extra annoying steps, when an upload is a nice, simple operation.

What I really fear is that if I can't get it working, I'll have to stop using your site. I'm not going to start writing things in Word (particularly since I'm not using Windows), or type long stories from scratch in your browser editor.

You guys honestly have NO idea how lucky this archive has been to not go "poof" because of the many years of allowing html injection direct in to the database. That is the reason why it was discontinued. It should never have been allowed in the first place, to be frank.

What software are you using, that automatically turns your data in to html? If you have Word, use it, and simply c/p from your document, by clicking the "Paste from Word" icon. That retains the formatting, and is very simple to do.